Saturday 19 April 2008

The Man in the Wind and the West Moon

She's been away for a couple of days leaving me with the Little Dark One at the house where the Man and the Cat live. I quite like it there and he has a wonderful compost heap where I have found lots of small treats.
Last night, she collected me and was very tired and a bit grumpy. She's been somewhere called Terminal Five and she had Views on the subject. I'd expected us to be off to There since she had packed the bags and everything but we went to bed instead. But this morning, she was out of bed with lots of bounce and, while I was still yawning, she packed up the car and we were off. Whooosh!

"Wales, Mossie, Powys, Home". Whoosh. We whoooshed so fast that There had turned into Here by the time had her her bowl of morning sick.

Said hello to the Nice Lady who lives next door and the Dog with Leanings before we went out for my morning walk. And then we were busy going to the Market where we said hello to Eddie Stickmaker. She bought some plants for the garden but we sat down all afternoon because it rained. I sat on my cushions and watched her through slitted eyes just in case she thought of escaping.

This evening just as she started cooking, the Lady from next door came round. She had wet eyes and nose. Dog with Leanings. Gone. I hugged her really hard and my MBNAD woman gave her a hug too. They drank some red stuff and remembered him.

For once, the Princess didn't have some daft trollop remark. He was my friend and I'll miss him, even if he did sniff my ears. I'm not always a daft trollop, she says, I'm good at making people happy so I'll look after him. Being old got to be very hard and he'll like being young again.

Smokey - 1993 to 2008. A life well lived.

No comments: