Tuesday 29 April 2008

Though lovers be lost love shall not

My poor old MBNAD woman has been having a tough time. More sad stuff and Various Vines.

And me ... the secret is out about Mossie and Thunder and Lightening. Very, very frightening. MBNAD woman off to work and, just like normal, my DB comes to take me out for my middle of the day walk. We go with company, which I like even if some of them are a bit boisterous. My DB always lets me sit in the front of the van because I'm so well-mannered. Then it started. Big splishy raindrops that became hard sharp rain and then the huge roll and crack . Hiding behind my DB's leg seemed the best idea. The others didn't seem to notice. I leaned even harder on my DB's leg and she got the idea that going back to the van was the best thing. So we went home, all wet. And when we got there, my MBNAD woman was home too. Wonderful. So I had a little shake and she got an old not-very-fluffy towel and rubbed me dry. Grand. I thought that we might have an afternoon snoozing but she had other ideas and was upstairs washing (she is always getting herself clean) and then down again quickly, but not in dog-walkers. Bother.
Off she goes and a couple of hours later someone brings her back and she's broken! Leg all bandaged and wobbly. Apparently, it's to do with the Various Vines. She's had something EVIL done to them. All pink and happy when she went out and then came back broken. Pale too. I try resting my head on her in my best new man style and she smiles at me but it's a broken smile. I don't like to see her like this and can see that I'm going to have to do a lot of this new man stuff if she's going to get better.

"Night night Mossie, Night night Bella".

Next day she was just as broken but still takes me out for my walks and we do lots of ball throwing. The Man with the Cat comes and they talk for a long time while she rests her leg a lot but this doesn't seem to be getting better. But excellent news: the Tall One arrived to look after her. I was beginning to worry that it was all going to be down to me. I'd have got on the bed to give her a hug, announces the Princess. I was always good at that. Food comes in a van. I help unloading.

"Night night Mossie, Night night Bella".

More broken and pale the next day. Mainly lying down with the Tall One looking after her. He's good and makes her smile a lot. Princess fussing all the time, worrying that MBNAD woman can't feel her love. Not only can she still feel her love, she has found a small, soft, cafe-au-lait tuft of Princess hair which makes her cry.

"Night night Mossie, Night night Bella".

The Tall One does lots things like bed-making and cooking to look after her.



"Night night Mossie, Night night Bella".

Mossie's blog is about to become readable by invitation only