Thursday 17 July 2008

Edible Mossie

So I tried to remember all the Wise Things that the Princess taught me:

1) You’re never to old to frolic
2) Frosty days are good for wriggling in the garden
3) Flowerpot water is best
4) No matter how much they hiss, cats really do want to be friends
5) Always claim innocence, regardless of evidence
6) They can't leave you behind if you're sitting in the suitcase
7) A good nap is one of life’s undervalued pleasures
8) Always be willing to wait for a friend
9) You can go a long way with a smile
10) Always check if fishermen have biscuits. Settle for maggots if they don't
11) Postmen expect to be woofed at. Don't let them down.
12) A bed is more comfortable once it’s been thoroughly kicked
13) Being clean just creates an opportunity to get mucky again
14) However, dark the world may seem, bad times will end, even bath time
15) Kitten food is for everyone
16) Never turn your back on a bicycle
17) Be at home, wherever you find yourself
18) Remember, she loves us, always

But she didn’t offer any advice on grass seeds. They don’t half make you itch and these were itchy sharp. So I did the best I could and chewed a bit of my hair to get them away from the skin. Then once I’d done that, I pulled that bit of hair out. Then the bit next to it. No advice on when you’ve got a bald bum, either.

The Little Dark One is around a lot and between them they kept trying to stop me from nibbling. But the relief was exquisite. So the MBNAD woman started to wash my chewed bit with salty water.

We went to the vet’s place since the salty water had just me a bit tastier. MBNAD woman said that she’s put vinegar or pepper on me next. Really. Nice Girly Vet. She did suggest that I was a bit well covered. My story about it being just my winter coat was blown since there isn’t nearly so much winter coat left. Anyway, itchy bits all sorted and so I gave the Nice Girly Vet a particularly appealing gaze and nudgy nosed her. She gave me a treat. Well actually, three treats. I needed to stock up just in case they start talking diets and I don’t get much to eat in future.

No comments: