Tuesday 1 July 2008

Second to the right and straight on till morning

The day after the Border Collie party, they all came for a walk: Man with the Cat, Tall One, Little Dark One and MBNAD woman. And the Princess, waiting at the bottom of the stairs, on her favourite stair. Eager and ready.

MBNAD woman got a special box from a high cupboard. She's got cupboards where she keeps shoes and clothes and some high ones where she keeps hats and bags. And Princesses .... no corrects HRH, just one, Me.

They were all really quiet and we went for a walk by the pond. We got to the bridge where I first saw HRH on the day that I arrived. Standing in the middle of the bridge, she said, It's all up to you now, Colliewobble. You've got to look after them, especially our MBNAD woman. I was going to leave sooner but couldn't go when you needed me to help look after her. But now, you're brave and she's well again.

I'm not really brave, I wanted to say. And how do I know that she's properly well again? Brave enough and well enough. Both of you, comes one last Royal command.

And with a shimmer of dust in the sunlight, I see a little busy little white flash. A shade of love and joy and fun. Young again.

From the bridge to the stream.
From the stream to the river.
From the river to the sea.
From the sea to the sky.

"Night night Mossie"

No comments: