Monday 11 August 2008

Flying Saucers


Since the blackberries have been appearing, my MBNAD woman has started taking a small plastic pot out when we go for a walk. Between the lead, spare poo bags, a ball for fetch games and now the plastic pot, she’s loaded down. Then she appears with a plastic dinner plate as well which I reckoned was for more blackberries.

So off we go for our walk and when we get to the field where we play the fetch the ball game, she threw the dinner plate. I stood and looked at her, encouraging like, waiting for her to work out that she had thrown a dinner plate. It pains me to say this, but my early verdict that she’s MAD hasn’t changed.

She smiled at me and said “Go on, Mossie, go and fetch it”. I stood there patiently hoping that she would work out that it was a dinner plate. Nothing. So she trotted across the field and picked it up. At last, I thought, she’s got the idea and has realised that she’s thrown the wrong thing. Not a bit of it. Smiled at me again and then threw the plate again. Good Dog, I thought, she’s lost it totally. Once we've got through the dinner service we’ll be out here chucking saucepans and casserole dishes.

Off we go again. Same performance – she ran off to the plate, smiled and pointed. Yes, it’s a dinner plate, I nod encouragingly. How long is this nonsense going to go on? The only thing I could think of was to humour her. So I picked it up in the hope that she’d give it a rest.

Not as easy as you might think, picking up dinner plates. Tried getting my nose under it but the best thing was flicking it with my paw and then catching it in my teeth. She was so pleased at my crockery catching so we did it again. And again. And again.

Then I bit a hole in it but she weren’t cross. Evidently, this dinner plate is just for me.




Like I said mad.

No comments: