Monday 6 October 2008

The Year Turned

She came home early in a strange car. Big car with lots of stretching out space. Grand, thought. Well, turns out the stretching out space weren't for me. It was for furniture. Table and chairs in the stretching out space and me squashed into a corner. Well, alright, not exactly squashed but not as much space as I might have wanted. Then we collected The Cat, put her in the suitcase and off we went.

"Wales, Powys, Mossie. Home"

A whole weekend of being glared at by The Cat. Ah, well. If it's the price of making her happy, I can live with it. This last month, a whole year has turned since the Princess was here. I know that my MBNAD woman was sad when she remembered the last days with HRH so I tried my best to give her lots of ear stroking opportunities. How special to have been loved so well, so long. I've only been with her for a little bit of my life but I know how nice this love thing is.


So back to the weekend. No sooner had we settled in than we had Visitors. Smarten up, Humbug, time to be socialble, I warned. Bah. It's them people who come with Bolshie. I ain't being sociable. She got in the sideboard and got herself ready for a bit of hissing and spitting.

No Bolshie. His people with bags and stuff. Grand, I thought. I like being with them and visitors is always good. Then just as I was deciding who would get the head-on-leg-treatment, the Sire and Dam legged it. Yes. Ran away, leaving their Litter behind. I wondered if the Litter was being re-homed with us, but it seems just for the weekend.

We did lots of my MBNAD woman's favourite things like Brecon, and the place with the View and Outdoor Food, and Llancaiach Fawr and the Red Kite.




Then it was time for them to go and then time for us to turn Here to There again.

Except Here is being turned upside down. Mess. She don't like Mess and to be honest, I'm not keen on this quantity of Mess either. Out in the back garden, digging. Men. Digging holes, Building walls. It will all be wonderful when it's over, she says. All I can say is, it better had be. They're building a spare room out there. Dunno why. We got plenty of space for me and her. It's a Conservatory, apparently. I thought that we had enough jam on the top of the kitchen cupboards. But now it turns out she needs a whole room for the stuff. And I have to supervise. It's hard work for an old wobble.

Then the Little Dark One was off. Missee Lee, all over again. It's all empty and sad without our Litter. We don't need no spare rooms. She says it'll be nice when we have visitors. I don't want Visitors. We can have Visitors There. I want the Litter. And no Jam Rooms. Humph .

No comments: