Tuesday 13 January 2009



Thank you for all the lovely kind words for a Mad-But-Not-Actively-Dangerous-Woman missing her Mossie.

"Just letting you now that I feel for you over the death of Mossie. One thing you do know is that the last year of his life was a good one."

"He had become a part of your family and was especially close to you, who had taken him away from his previous hard life and given him a year of love & fun."

"Poor Mossie, at least you can be sure that his time with you and the family was probably the best he could have hoped for."

" I was so sorry to receive your news"

"I am genuinely sorry for your loss of your beloved Mossie. I know how much you all loved him. He was very lucky and so were you to have each other"

"I am so sad he has gone. He was a good boy. Tears in my eyes"

"I had just read the blog this morning - got a bit weepy - we will miss seeing him with you too. Have a hug for yourself from me this time."

"We are so very very sorry ... thought about Moss and how sad you must be to have lost him and how we will miss walking with you and him too.

At the weekend, apart from his sore paw, he seemed to be in good health and very happy and confident. If there is any consolation it has to be that it seems he was not distressed by his illness for very long also that in the too short time he was with you he felt loved secure and comfortable."

"We were all so upset to hear about poor old Mossie, I couldn't actually speak, I noticed Bruce being hugged on Friday night in a head down nose on his back kind of way ( nothing said). But they have agreed that his retirement was very well spent and he would have enjoyed the luxury of being a house dog."

"I summoned up the courage to read Mossies final blog tonight. It's been a very strange week without him – as well as missing him on our walk, I cant get used to him not being in my passenger seat."

"I am so terribly sorry about Mossie and know how you are feeling, completely lost."

"What a happy and contented last year or so he had - I'm sure he had forgotten all the years that had gone before. I 'm glad he hadn't been ill or in pain for long as he had such a sweet nature. He was a very lucky dog to have found you and had such love from all of you.

The house is so empty with no dog around. Think of all the happy memories you have of his time with you and in time, when you can bear to look at all his photos, you can cry "happy" tears."

"So sorry to hear about dear old Mossie. I'm glad I met him."

"Mossie was such a lovely character and you clearly adored each other. I know it's no comfort but at least you know he had a wonderful, happy time for the last few months of his life."

3 comments:

Henry the Leaphound said...

I too sat at the kitchen table with tears coming down my cheeks, wondering how on earth I'd explain myself to Other Half if he walked in!

I hope you are doing ok MBNAD Woman, it's such a hard thing to get through and time does heal, but that's not much help just now I know. Henry sends one of his special nose nudges for you, a bit wet and slightly slimy but guaranteed so make you smile, even just a little bit. xxx

Megan said...

I've tagged you for a 'lovely blog award' ! Just check out my blog Xx

Unknown said...

sian
as we have just heard about mossy, we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for giving our boy a wonderful few months, for showing him that life can be good, that a home is something to love, but most of all for making our old boy very very happy and most of all you showed him total love he was a lucky boy
we know he is happy with his former friends from here that like him have gone over 'rainbow bridge'and im well sure the chat between them is priceless
thank you again
fromm all in galway spca