Thursday 13 March 2008

Triple Crown

Here. We watched the little men in the box running around playing fetch again. It’s always the men in red but this time they were playing fetch with the men in green. I curled up on my rug and kept quiet about my background. Thank heavens the men in red got to catch the ball a lot more than the green ones, otherwise, I think that she might have been a bit grumpy.

She had a visitor who owned up to being a bit Irish too so we sat together until it was safe.

“12-16, Mossie, woo hoo 12-16”. Phew.



Now that my vocabulary is coming along, I think that it may be good idea if I start to make some Welsh noises. When I listen carefully it’s not really Cat language but she can mix it up with a bit of Cat, especially when she’s driving.


My hen wlad fy’nhadau, oufff, oufff, I murmur softly. Yes, definitely think I can get the hang of it.


Of course, I could speak lots of languages, announces the Princess, including, Bovine, that’s cow to you, Colliewobble. We royalty are expected to be able to say a few words to the common people wherever we go. Oh, really? Oh yes, she says, and I taught them a few words too, especially, the Little Dark one. She can say “Moo. Moo” wonderfully well. Quite talented in the language department. In fact, she can actually say a few words of Ovine. You should ask her to say something, although she may not get the accent quite right for you. You could practise herding her, you must miss that sort of thing, being a working dog.

Do I miss it? Let’s think. Cold days, running around after daft sheep and then evenings with snippy young collies who might bite my nose or heels. Or, a lovely warm bed in the kitchen, walks with my Divine Blonde and two walks every day with the MBNAD woman that are always followed by food. And hugs. And games of fetch. And hugs. And the Litter. And hugs.

So Princess Spaniel, what do you think? Only teasing, she says. I’m glad you’re here to look after them.

“Night night Mossie, night night Bella”

No comments: