Tuesday 20 May 2008

White Feathers


Busy, busy. Yup, said her regal fluffiness. When I became incorporeal, she was very busy then too. Washed all my stuff and put it in the box under the roof. Well none of this is going in a box under the roof. Everything she's found from Liar-Coward-Man - off to the charity shops or the bins or the dump.
Now she's well enough to be really busy, she's making sure it's all gone. Even been up under the roof and found some things to throw away.



After she'd been busy clearing stuff, she went out. Only for a little while, just for some treatments, she said. I slunk off to my bed to have a rest so that I would be able to look after her when she came back. So when she came in, I expected her to be pale and tired with holes in her leg again. And with one of those tight brown wrappers on the leg. Clearly, this was a different kind of treatment. No leg wrapper, no holes, no pale. In fact, all shiny and relaxed. So why did she have to have the other sort of treatment when this makes her look so good?

We went to see Tinker Dog's people for food. Even though I'm scared of Tinker Dog, I like their house because they always give me a treat. All of Tinker Dog's people were there. Even their Litter. They had some grand food and I sat outside the eating room looking Very Thin. Got a treat to take home, so it worked.

"Night night Mossie, Night night Bella".

A show. Very nice place with lots of wobbles. I did my best to look very smart for her. We helped with the children. Their parents gave them money and they gave it to us. In exchange, they had to throw hoops over toys, pick little papers out of a bin or hook ducks. If they hooped or hooked or picked the right numbers, they got something to take home, like a fluffy animal. Not a Mossie, though. Sometimes, their parents had no money left at the end. There was a big bouncy thing like a huge bed and some parents just handed over money and put their litters on that. Small humans don't half squeal a lot when they're having fun. I think that they collected lots of money to make small humans safe.

Then home, and gardening, and the Man with the Cat came for food.

Tinker Dog's woman sent MBNAD woman some words on the wall-string-writing-box that made her have a wet nose and eyes. "You are worth a great deal more to those who know you than to allow yourself to be treated that way." Seconded by Mossie. Thirded by Bella.


"Night night Mossie, Night night Bella".


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fourthed by me. Fifthed by the Cat. Sixthed and Seventhed by the Strange Creature and the Clanger. xxx