Thursday 27 December 2007

Mossie's First Woo Hoo Christmas


Yes, I know that I am ten years old but I have never had a Christmas before. I knew that indoor dogs had Christmas and, to be blunt, thought that it was all a bit ridiculous. Outdoor dogs have work to do. As far as I can tell, sheep don't have Christmas.
Since MBNAD woman and the Litter had been up so late, they were still lying in bed when there was a knock at the door. It was the Man who lives with the Cat. More bags, parcels and boxes.
More fuss and love for Mossie too. Woo hoo as the Little One says. Lots more woo hoo to come, says the voice.
Then they're cooking and chattering and opening parcels and cooking and laughing and ME, I'm in the middle of it. And there are even parcels for me. Balls and treats. Woo hoo. Hmmm, Merry Christmas, Mossie, since you seem to be permanent, says the Cat. And to you too, Bah Humbug, I reply. She bats me across the nose, but with the claws in. Don't try irony with me, sonny.
Our walk probably wasn't my finest moment. I couldn't face up to walking past those sheepdogs since they shouted that I was a wuss. Alright, I'm a 21kg wuss carried by the Tall One. You are supposed to protect them, not the other way round, says the voice. They love and care for you, you protect them. Get it? I think she's laughing at me. And I would protect them against anything except sheepdogs and terrifiers.
And how can I tell you about my dinner? They had this big bird. MBNAD woman got it from the place where they sell the deer. If they got this off the road, then the car that hit it is probably well and truly dented. And they gave me some. Woo hoo.

"Night night Mossie, night night Bella, night night Humbug."

The same thing again yesterday. Visiting the Lady Next Door with the Dog with Leanings, I found that she has a cat too - small, very very old with no teeth, so I risked being friendly with it.
More walks, parcels, cooking and fuss. I am so tired that I fall asleep leaning on the Little One and when I wake up she is smiling at me. Woo hoo.
Dozing in front of the fire, I wonder if all the others who travelled with me from the home have had a woo hoo Christmas. I hope that Ann and all the ones still in the home have had a woo hoo Christmas too.

"Night night Mossie, night night Bella, night night Humbug."

No comments: