Thursday 10 January 2008

Paradise Lost

The last few days in this other Eden were spent curled up by her feet or snuggled on my blanket in the car. The lovely lady with soft gentle ear stroker hands spent ages on my soft silky ears. I could keep her in one place for hours. We went to see more of the countryside and even more of those bad birds. In fact they were swooping right over us, red kite and buzzards. I'm glad I'm a bit bigger than a rabbit. You're a big fat colliewobble, exclaims the voice. It would have to be the size of a light aircraft to get you off the ground. I take that a bit personal. I've always been a lithe specimen. Yes, since moving in with MBNAD woman, I may have filled out a bit but that's no reason to use the f word.

On the last day, she was horribly busy with the wall-string-box-brush. Burnham Wood was taken down and the wall-string-twinkles put away. She had wall-string-twinkles in the room with the catflaps. If a large bird masquerading as light aircraft was looking to hook a Mossie, she had it lit up like a landing strip ready.

Everything tidied, washing done in a water-box-wall-string, beds made. One last walk where the red kite fly. Goodbye to the lady with the Dog-with-Leanings and Toothless Cat.

I have a secret. While in Paradise, I learnt to smile. Just a little one every now and then. Mainly when we have had a nice walk and I've had a good tea. I lie out on my bed, stretch out and go to sleep and as I drift off, I find my mouth has turned into a little smiley thing. Stretching out to go to sleep is funny too. I used to curl up and keep my nose and legs tucked up for safety but now I know I'm safe. Even when the Cat was around. I think she mainly swears. Don't bank on that one, says the voice.



So, through Eden we took our solitarie way back to the other house. I know what it all means now. Sometimes here, sometimes there. And you're supposed to be the smartest of dogs, says the voice. Here and there don't ever matter. It's who you're with that counts.

Lots of people have come and gone but it's always MBNAD woman and Mossie. I know what this is : we're an item!

"Night night Mossie, night night Bella".

No comments: