Saturday 17 November 2007

Catflap Cottage redux

So she gets back from work (still no smell of sheep) and off we go on my pre-prandial stroll. Then she puts a nice dinner for me and while my brain is occupied stuffing my face, she starts filling up the car with bags and boxes again. This looks serious and I think that it may precede a kitchen lock-in. So, I swiftly polish off the last of the dinner and head to the car. While she's fussing with the back of the car, I try getting in but I can't get into the back seat where she has blanket for me. So, I settle myself down and sit on the seat next to her and curl up so I look really small. Not much of me hangs over the edge. Well done says a voice. I knew you'd work it out.
MBNAD woman comes out and laughs but doesn't shove me off the seat. Result.
Then off we go. Long drive like we did with red-and-gold woman. Lots of other cars giving rise to some extreme cat-language from MBNAD woman.
Wales, Mossie. Powys. Home.
Aha - it's that house again. No need for ears back and head down this time. I know it's ok. Even if there is that dog with leanings next door. Sticking his nose in my bottom is just nice manners but poking it into my ears strikes me as a bit personal.
Then she's off being busy. Definitely MAD.
It's certainly my bedtime even if MBNAD woman thinks that it's time for fiddling with unpacking books and bottles and putting up pictures. Then more weird stuff that I just had to watch.
She has a jug with a wall string which she fills with water. Then the water gets really hot. Normally she uses the jug-with-wall-string to make tea but tonight she gets a bag and fills it with the hot water. Then puts a stopper in the top of the bag and then puts the bag in her bed. She seems to get cold so the bag will keep her warm. Now if the wall string makes the water in the jug hot why doesn't she just put the wall string in her bed?
Or even better, why not a Mossie to curl up on the end of the bed? No, no, says the voice. She needs to think that you need the hug, not her.
"Night night Mossie. Night night Bella. We'll need to sort out those catflaps tomorrow." We certainly will.

No comments: