Sunday 25 November 2007

Mea Culpa

It's taken me all week to confess to this, but I think she knew anyway. Who else could have done it. Not the old white dog. Last Sunday morning, she went off to the place where they have dead people in the garden but I wasn't allowed to go. "Back soon, Mossie" she said. I just don't know what soon is. She left the kitchen door open so as soon as she left I had another go at the catflap on the outside door. Took hardly any time at all to get it off and then it broke completely. Big hole in door so I could stick my head through and shout at her when she came back. "Oh Mossie, I only fixed that yesterday". I knew that. "I haven't got time to fix it now. You are a wicked boy". What does this mean. Might she send me away? Then she was cooking something - more deer, I think. They probably kill quite a lot of them on the roads round here. A visitor. She seems to be good at feeding visitors. Looks a bit like MBNAD woman and the short dark one but not from the same litter as either of them. Once they finish the deer, MBNAD woman says that she need to sort out the door. I watch her carefully, just peeping round the kitchen door in case she is cross with me. This time she gets a big piece of wood and tools and, making humphy noises, screws the wood over the hole in the door. That'll be more of a challenge, says the voice. Don't think I ever ate anything quite that substantial but I managed all the edges of a table and most of a dog bed in my younger days. "Humph, humph, stop telling him bad things Bella". By this time there is snow coming outside and she says we have to go otherwise we'll be "snowed in". Whatever .. I make sure I'm in the car first and we set off through all the soft white stuff. Shame, says the voice, we could have made snow angels. Snow WHAT? Back to the other house, sheepless work, walks with the Blonde. I am beginning to see a pattern here. Then we get to Friday. She takes me for my short walk when she gets home and then gets changed. I don't recognise these clothes: not dog walking and not work. Are we going in the car to the other house? Paint and smells though. In the car, but not me. "Back soon, Mossie" she said. I just don't know what soon is. When she got back she had a big package with garden stuff in it. I have noticed she likes to cut up bits of the garden and put them in pots of water in the house. This garden stuff smelled weird. Didn't come from her garden and a bit of it poked my nose. Ouch. Yesterday morning, she took me out for a great walk in the frost and we played blue bouncy ball. "Oh Mossie, this is great snow angels weather". She looks like she might have wet eyes and nose again.



Today, she was up fussing in the kitchen early. Another thing with string sticking in the wall - bowl-whizzer-box-wallstring. Lots of fruit, butter and eggs and things things smell like they might make you sneeze. After fussing and mixing, she emptied it all into some pots and put it into the oven. I think that may have a wallstring too since she never brings in coal. She is probably burning the stuff now. Maybe I'll get some to eat later. No, don't bother. It made me very sick. says the voice. The house smells warm and she is going to take me for another walk. Oh yes, yes, yes.

No comments: