Saturday 17 November 2007

Bread of Heaven

Since we arrived so late, I would have thought she would have been a bit tired today but she has been doing useful things all day. I'm tired just watching her.
But first I have to tell you about this morning. Breakfast is another strange thing. Sometimes she makes a bowl of something that looks like someone has eaten it first. To be honest, I'm not that bothered that she doesn't want to share a dish of sick with me. On weekends, she does something truly amazing. It starts with putting some magic dust in a wall string box that goes chunter and whirr for a while and then it begins to smell warm and then it smells just grand and the magic dust turns to bread. She takes the bread out of the wall string box and then slices it up and burns it. After burning it she puts some sweet stuff on it and gives me a little bit with butter. The burning machine has a wall string too. Now if she put the wall sting box in the bed it would be warm and smell great.
So she was a bit busy with other stuff when she was using the wall string burner. After spreading the sweet stuff on a piece of burnt bread, she got some other stuff and spread it on my piece. I have no idea what it is but that voice is back saying shut up, you'll like this bit.
Well I have never eaten anything like it before. Sticky, sweet, salty, nutty, weird, nice. Shame about your ears, says the voice. Nothing wrong with my ears, rather perky and intelligent looking. Yes, says the voice, but you can't save anything for later with short ears. Oh.
Then a man arrives with floor covers for the room attached to the kitchen. This is the room with the catflaps at either end. She spends all day fussing about it. Moving stuff, putting up new window covers. Up and down steps all day.
There Mossie, doesn't it look nice now. Ummm. Yes, spose so.
Catflaps are back in place too. For the moment.
We are sitting by a box with a window with a fire inside. No string with this. The fire can't spit at me so I don't mind sitting by it. She had to use some cat words to get it to start.
If she's not careful it will be
"Night night Mossie, Night night Bella" here in front of the fire.

No comments: