Saturday 3 November 2007

Girls, girls, girls

Wednesday 31st
Off she goes to this work. I am learning to spot it now - off with the dog walking clothes, a lot of washing, adding extra smells and paint and then different clothes and really silly shoes. Once I have spotted this, I make sure that I don't go into the kitchen room. Doesn't work of course because she does manage to get me in there. Soft words about being a "good boy" and how she will be back. But how can I tell? And how long will she need to be away? She tells me that someone will come to see me but who are they and why?
A few small woofs, but I hear her car going away. Why can't I go to work too?
Some time later, I hear the door open and the front of the house making this high pitched bleepy noise. It does it when she leaves and when she comes back, so I get ready to tell her how much I love her. But it's not her. Another woman, younger, pretty, with long blonde hair. Boy does she smell good - horses, dogs, cats, all sorts. She knows who I am and really makes a fuss of me. Then she gets my lead. Perhaps I am going to work with her? Off to her van, other dogs and then for a great walk with more and more new smells. Young really fluffy dog went chasing after a horse and I had to make sure the others behaved while that was all going on. I've never tried herding horses but I think that it's a lot harder than sheep. For a start they're bigger and have hard hooves. Some training needed, I feel, so perhaps I can help the Blonde to educate this one. And then back in the van and back to the house. No work. Strange. But I did like her and she called me a "sweetie". Old Irish charm still there, boy.
Back to sleep for a bit and I hear the door/bleep again. Sniff, different woman. Oh I like this one too. She chats away to me like crazy and has wonderful red and gold curly hair.
Another walk. Definitely no work going on today. She knows the pond walk and obviously knew the white dog and is a bit sad about her but not like MBNAD woman and the little dark one.
Then MBNAD woman is back and we have our evening walk and then she reads a paper left by red-and-gold woman. "You have had a lucky day for walks, haven't you Mossie?" But shes's not cross with me.

Thursday 1st November
Same routine for walking, her disappearing for work, walk with pretty Blonde.
Red-and-gold woman arrives again, with bags this time. Is she moving in? Small dark one came with bags too so perhaps it's just temporary. Anyway, she knows the walking places so that's grand with me.
MBNAD woman gets back and it's all busy again. Changing clothes - check out they are more like dog walking clothes, so that's ok. Then bags, baskets, boxes all into the car. No don't leave me, please. Desperate, I cling to her legs, leaning on her so it's hard for her to go. Red-and-gold woman suggests letting me go to the car. No idea what they are doing but at least I am not being left behind.
They chat all the time, sometimes including me in the conversation, but I don't really know what to say, so I curl up and sleep. Long drive. "Wales" says MBNAD after a while, then, "Powys", then "Home".
"Come on, Mossie, out you come". I am not sure I like what's going on.

No comments: