Wednesday 14 November 2007

Of strings and things

Lovely lovely walk. Today she didn't do the work thing so early. I still wonder what it is that she's doing without involving sheep. Anyway off for a walk and just before we got to the door, she went back. I thought, oh no, she's changed her mind. No back to the kitchen for a bag with bread. Halfway through the door, she goes back again. Aha, this is it, I thought, another one of her ploys to get me into the kitchen. But no, just going back to collect the bouncy blue ball. She's going to need some training if she keeps fogetting things.


Then off round the pond. There's a little platform and she got out the paper bag. Bread bits. So I sat neatly. Nothing. Can you believe this? She threw them at a duck. At a duck! And every piece missed and it didn't fetch and it didn't sit neatly and it didn't put its head on her knee. I have no idea why you would throw bread at ducks but it made her happy enough and, generally speaking, I like it better when she's happy. As soon as we walked off the duck started collecting the bread bits.

Off to the bridge. I'm used to it now.



Then back to the house and the kitchen routine but I don't mind because the nice Blonde takes me out too.

When MBNAD woman comes home she does this cleaning thing. Does it a lot. She has a brush on a stick which I steer clear of. Some people can't be trusted with stick-brushes. But the other thing is just weird. It's like the stick-brush but it has a big box on it and a string that she sticks in the wall. You couldn't make this stuff up could you? Sticking a string in the wall. It makes a huge amount of noise whereas stick-brush is quiet. Stick-brush-box-string sucks up dog hair. To begin, I would stay as far away as possible but she only uses it for sucking up dog hair. Boy does it suck up dog hair. Pretty soon the box is full of my hair and she empties it into the bin. "Enough to make a spare dog Mossie". That worries me a bit because it does suggest that she doesn't know even the most basic facts of life. Perhaps that's why I was done - maybe she didn't know I had a use for them.
Then she's doing that wet thing from the eyes and nose again. I guess if she could make a spare dog it would be the old white one.
"Night night Mossie. Night night Bella".

No comments: