Wednesday 7 November 2007

Newton's law of cat flaps

Just when I turned my back, they escaped. There is a hole in the door with a flap thing for cats. I expect the cat with bad language swore at it every time she went through. Certainly swore at me. Isaac Newton invented the cat flap. If he had one with language like that, he wouldn't have gone round making holes in doors. And then what happened next wouldn't have happened.
If I stuck my head through the hole, I could see outside so I reckoned that if I worked on it, then I could get all the way out. Didn't work though. There's just a hole in the door now.
"Oh Mossie" she said. But didn't shout.

Tall man had cake and I put my head on his leg for ages but he didn't give me any. But he did stroke my ears.

Then they all got dressed up and went out again. Leaving me in the kitchen. Another cat flap. Another hole in the door. Still didn't get out. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. I chewed and the cat flap fell off. Pretty equal and opposite to the result I wanted.

"Oh Mossie" she said.

"Night night Mossie. Night night Bella" Did he really eat two cat flaps? "Mmmm"

Sunday 4th November
Man and red-and-gold woman went away today leaving me with MBNAD woman. She did more cutting up and digging and I supervised.
Then just as I was thinking about some tea, she packed everything up in the car and off again. This is really confusing. Monmouthshire, England, back again Mossie.
Ah, it's the house that I know. That's ok. In fact, that's grand. I like this place. There's a special step for the old white dog and that's ok with me.



I sniff the special stair as she goes to bed.

"Night night Mossie. Night night Bella"

No comments: